Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Things that are irritating me today

Yeah, probably not what you want to read about. I'm sure you have your own blog's worth of irritating things.

Today we went to a school day performance of The Jungle Book by CYT (Christian Youth Theater). It was at a venue we hadn't been to before, our local high school. I couldn't find any information on parking at CYT's website. So I looked on our high school's site. Nada. I called the high school. They told me what door to go in (helpful) and that the door was located in the back (also helpful), but couldn't tell me where to park. The lady I talked to said she was sure it was marked, but that she hadn't been in the back of the school and didn't know where the designated parking was (not so helpful).

So we drove to the high school today, to the back, found door 24, but couldn't find any designated parking. Or any visitor parking. Everything was parked student permit parking only. Finally we found a spot in the back marked "day or week parking" or something to that effect. It had no number in the space, where as all the permit spaces did. We parked, went in, found the theater, finally found our seats, and settled in.

I was talking to a mom in front of me, we hadn't met before, and she said she couldn't figure out where she was supposed to park. Several others agreed. Oh well, right? Well, it would have been except one of the CYT ushers, moments before the house lights went down and the performance started, asked us all where we were parked. She said if we were in a student's space and they found the car blocking it, they would probably get really mad and key the car. Good to know, would have been better to know before we arrived or at least when we arrived, not when there wasn't time to move the cars. And even more irritating, she wasn't sure where the safe spots were. She said vaguely by the tennis courts and gestured West. Lights down, show starts, we're all left wondering what the fine upstanding youth of our town were going to do to our cars.

Side note, and these are children who are supposed to be "socializing" our children? Yeah, right. Social skills are in wonderful evidence by that story, aren't they?

Well, Violet and I had found a fine space. It turns out it was near the tennis courts. I haven't heard if any of the other homeschool mom's discovered the wrath of the teenage beast.

I sent e-mails to both the high school and CYT asking them to please post on their websites clear directions for where to enter and park when going to performances there during school hours. I doubt I'll hear anything.

The other irritating thing. I went to the doctor on Monday for my annual check up and she wrote another prescription for me for a Seasonale generic, the most wonderful pills ever. And before I knew it she faxed it to the mail order pharmacy. Which I can no longer use because my new insurance doesn't do mail order. Which I haven't used for 2 years.

She was trying to be nice, but it would have been helpful if she would have confirmed where I wanted the prescription faxed, if anywhere. She gave me the paper prescription and said I could get it filled where ever. I haven't gone in yet, because the pills aren't cheap without insurance prescription coverage (which I don't have) and I don't need the refill yet. But today I had 2 voice mail messages from the mail order pharmacy saying to call them because they can't fill my prescription. Well no, you can't because I don't have the proper insurance to use them. Like I told the doctor.

Called the pharmacy tonight, explained the mix up and that it was my doctor's fault and it happened before I realized it. The nice man said he'd inform the pharmacy department and they'd mail out the prescription to me. Probably within 72 hours. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to fill the prescription. I have no idea if the paper script I have would work in any walk in pharmacy or not with another pharmacy trying to fill it. At the moment it is irritating. I will allow extra time to refill the prescription when I'm ready, just in case there are delay due to this. But still. I'm stuck dealing with it.

So, what's irritating you tonight?

A pleasant p.s. for you. As we were driving out of the high school today, Violet said to me, "I can understand why the students would be mad if someone else had parked in the spot they paid for. But damaging the cars is just wrong." I think she's had some wonderful socialization.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of that sounds pretty irritating to me. Hopefully you'll have a non-irritating rest of the week.

Donna said...

It is amazing when people say are children are missing out not going to public school, Your story is a perfect example of the behavior that goes on there - And that's what they are missing "I don't think so"!
Hope you have a wonderful day : )
Donna
http://homeschoolingsunnyflorida.blogspot.com/

Mother Mayhem said...

Hug? HUG.