Sunday, October 9, 2011

Stuffed

Some friends of ours are opening up an Italian restaurant. They are homeschoolers, we've known them for years. Their kids are friends of Violet. Mr. Incredible was hired to do their point of sale system and website. Tonight we got to go to the restaurant for a preview. They had a tasting menu put together for us, and man oh man was it good. I'm stuffed. Poor Violet got so full she couldn't eat any more and was blinking back tears. They gave us two appetizers, salads, bread, minestrone soup (the best I've ever had, and I thought mine was good), lasagna, pizza and cannoli.

They made a special lasagna with marinara sauce for Mr. Incredible, who doesn't eat red meat. Violet and I liked it better than the regular lasagna and let them know. We're hoping they add it to the menu.

We can't wait to go back (but maybe order a bit less than what they brought us)! What a fun night though. We've never been special guests at a restaurant preopening before!

4 comments:

Ami said...

I'm jealous!
They always say it's not what you know but who you know... I think I have to agree.
:)

Gail said...

Sounds fun!

Mother Mayhem said...

MMM... :o)

Mel said...

That sounds so fun! How nice they made the marinara lasagna version for you and hope they do add it to the menu. I don't eat meat so always love it when an Italian restaurant offers a meatless lasagna option, hard to find though.