Sunday, September 25, 2011

I want an alpaca!



We went to two alpaca farms today. My mom, my dad, Mr. Incredible, Violet and I. All 5 of us left wanting to be alpaca farmers. They are so cute! They are soft, and mild mannered and gentle. Mr. I would like one to mow the backyard. My dad liked that benefit too. Mom and I let the alpacas at the first farm eat from our hands (I think they had Purina Alpaca Chow). Violet preferred to just pet them.

At the second farm my mom bought alpaca wool socks for me, Violet and herself. Violet is wearing hers as I type.

It was definitely a good afternoon. When we got home, Violet asked me to e-mail the Cadette Mom from her GS group to see if she could bring her socks to show the girls and tell them about the farms. A huge step for her! (I'll wash her socks before she takes them.)

So if you are looking for just the perfect Christmas gift for me, an alpaca would fit the bill. I wonder what our Village Board would say about it? I don't think alpacas are addressed in the Village ordinances.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, How cute it that alpaca!! What a darling I can see how easy it would be to fall in love with one : )
Thanks for sharing the picture.
Donna
http://homeschoolingsunnyflorida.blogspot.com/

Ami said...

I will see if I can find an alpaca for you. I know there's an alpaca place just up the road from here.

But it's a real pain in the ass to get them into a cardboard box to ship them, then they kick and make noise and stuff and scare the UPS guys...

Maybe I won't send you one.

Mel said...

We went to an alpaca expo a few years ago and I agree they are so adorable!

Mother Mayhem said...

Can you teach it to bark? You can claim it as an exotic new dog breed. Think the Village Board would buy it? TeeHee.

Love you guys! ♥