Friday, September 2, 2011

Trying to squeeze it all in

First, thank you for the kind comments on my post last night. My blog buddies are the best! This post isn't nearly as deep.

I'm trying to figure out how to fit everything in to the days that I want to do. I have a library book checked out, I'm never going to finish it on time, but want to. I'll have to renew it. I also want to reread Carry On, Mr. Bowditch before our next Classic Moms class. We did it as a read aloud last year, but I want to read it again with an adult eye and take notes before our discussion. Then there is school and work and housekeeping and everything else.

After next week I'm out of town again for a week. It is the last conference of the year. If I have to go out of town again after this, it will only be for a night or two. I think I'm just going to have to take time each day to read a few chapters of Mr. Bowditch. It should read faster because I have read it before. I get back from the conference the same day as our class. I'm hoping to get in a few hours before class, so I have time to see the family quickly before plugging in to my computer. I don't want to miss the discussion!

Today is our 22nd wedding anniversary. Mr. I is working. Violet and I have errands to run. Tomorrow Violet and I are going to my parents' to celebrate my mom's birthday while Mr. I finishes up more work. Then Sunday we'll celebrate. We're going to American Science and Surplus to look for microscope supplies. We just got an awesome microscope for school. On our way home we'll go out to dinner. If you've ever read the American Science and Surplus catalog, you know what fun a trip to their store is. It is like the catalog, but in 3-D with all the neat toys and gadgets right there. We love going.

I have work to do, but I really want to take most of the weekend off. Some stuff may just not get done until next week. I think if I really want to squeeze everything in to my days, that's what I'm going to have to do. Besides, they put me on salary this year and I am consistently working more hours than I'm getting paid for. That isn't cutting it. Time to put my foot down, then put my feet up and read.

If you haven't read Carry On, Mr. Bowditch, I really recommend it. Violet and I both loved it.


3 comments:

Fatcat said...

I would love to visit Science and surplus!

Tomorrow is my 23rd anniversary. :-)

Mother Mayhem said...

Happy Incredible Anniversary! HUGS

Mel said...

Happy anniversary!