Monday, December 7, 2009

No Title Comes to Mind

Consider this a ramble, not a blog.

I've taken most of the last 2 days off from work. I've caught up with Girl Scouts. I must pause to say, I cannot believe how incapable some adult volunteer leaders are at following simple registration instructions. Now, I'm not one to worry about rules. But it pisses me off, because when they disregard rules, I have to do extra volunteer work. I'm not taking crap from any Girl Scouts this year, volunteers, girls or council professionals. I sent more requests this weekend for leaders to complete their information and get it to me than ever before.

How did I get off on that topic? Well, I did warn you this was a ramble.

Violet just has one more week of swim class before there is a two week break. We just found out about that tonight. That's a little frustrating. She's making good progress, I hate to have her break stride. Not my problem if other families travel during some of the few days they have off from public school each year. I think I'm a little crabby tonight, do you?

The swim club did give all of us long time families a punch pass for 12 visits to open swim times. We got it on Saturday. It is only good through the end of the month. And we have a boat load of crap going on due to the job changes in Mr. I's present (no longer is it in his future). I've got to go into my office several times in the next week as well. Guess we'll be lucky to make it to open swim once. What a waste of a good free pass.

Still waiting to see if we get health insurance starting January 1st. I applied (with the help of my insurance agent's assistant) but we haven't heard back yet. Mr. Agent called them and they said it was in underwriting. If I understand correctly, that means they can still decide not to cover us.

Tonight we are on storm watch. Violet and I have plans to get up early and do our errands: grocery store and library. Hopefully before the snow hits. Then Violet has plans to play in the snow all afternoon. I'll likely sit inside and complain. :grin:

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Go ahead and ramble, Honey, it's your blog, LOL. I'm with you on not taking any crap. I think it's a pretty good habit to get into. Then people finally get the picture and stop giving you crap, and you can sit back and be happy.

I guess y'all swim inside? It's cold.

Ami said...

Blogs are for rambling. That's why I can't stick to a subject on mine.

And yes. Take zero crap. It's fun to stand up and shout NO!!!