Friday, December 4, 2009

Catching up

I hope to catch up this weekend. Work is finally down to a manageable pile, as opposed to the mountain I've been facing lately. We have some major changes coming in our industry, and being the researcher, that means lots for me to do. But much of it is sorted out so maybe I can hit that personal to do list and even read a few blogs.

I think Violet needs a break. I don't think we're doing to much, I think we are doing too many different things. I think we need to take a break from all but the basics (with some fun thrown in) for a while. Now I just need to figure out what those basics are. To me she should be doing it all. Maybe we just need to some of it on alternating weeks. Can you tell I don't know what to do? I just know she's acting all stressed out. Maybe she just needs a more consistent schedule. That's the one thing that is hard for me to give her. Sigh.

We had snow on the ground this morning. It was the first time this winter. I'm so not ready for winter. Maybe I can stay in denial until Spring. Nothing like shoveling denial off the windshield so you can see to drive.

There has been no progress made towards Christmas here yet. Except Violet has 2 advent calendars going. One we got for her. It has Lego figures for each day. You actually build a little Lego scene by the 24th. The other has chocolates, her grandparents gave it to her at Thanksgiving. I don't think you could make her choose a favorite. Talk about causing her stress.

My father-in-law stayed with us on Tuesday night. He and Mr. Incredible drove to downtown Chicago (gosh, I should rename this post "the stress issue") and picked up a car load of stuff from the closed office. There are all kind of goodies. I got a new mouse for my computer and a bunch of empty binders. It is like Christmas came early. Can you say severance package? Mr. I has several more trips to go.

Hoping to have a nice weekend. Hoping you do too.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

Tis the season for homeschool burnout. We've been going through the same thing. I think we're just going to slow it down a bit until after the holidays. Why not? That's why we homeschool.

Sounds like y'all really have a lot going on over there. Take care of yourselves.

We'll take that snow. We sat at home staring at the windows all day long yesterday because they promised us snow flurries. NO SUCH LUCK . . . Central Texas just doesn't do snow. Apparently they had some in 1985, but I wasn't living here yet.

*SIGH* Poor Baby Boy.