Thursday, December 17, 2009

Friday all week

Since I went to the office on Monday, and I usually go on Thursday (hah, usually, like I go very often!), I've felt like it was Friday all week long. Today was my third Friday, I have one more to go.

Saturday (or tomorrow all week) we are doing Christmas with my parents. They are coming here. I'm making a pot of home made minestrone soup, and we'll have salad fixin's. We are sending the men folk out to hunt and gather the wild Subway sandwiches to go with it. We are unassuming folks. My mom is bringing a cherry pie (provided the grocer's bakery made one for her) or something else from the bakery if not. Violet and I are going to make banana bread. We've also got vanilla yogurt and frozen fruit for dessert. Should be a nice, easy visit.

You probably figured out, on the schedule tomorrow is make banana bread. We're also doing a lot of school. Mr. I. has been going to his office a lot, clearing it out, taking down systems, and other end of business activities. So while the house is quiet we're studying.

We have lots of snow in the forecast. Don't know if we will actually get lots of snow. I probably should have phrased it "we have lots of days with possible snow in the forecast." Not looking forward to it. Violet is though.

I'm still working on my Linked In account. I connected with an old college friend today. That was nice.

I'm getting closer to being ready for Christmas. If it weren't for online shopping, I'd be in big trouble!

3 comments:

Ami said...

We're having lasagna for Christmas dinner.

Green salad, garlic bread.

Easy.

It sounds like you never have any down time. Do you ever have any??

MOM #1 said...

I don't even know what linked in is, and don't tell me. The last thing I need to be is somewhere else on the internet. Seriously.

Are y'all going to go snow shoeing again if you get a lot of snow? I really want to get a picture of that. Is the fun in it just walking around in the snow? That seems like an awfully cold way to have fun.

I'm glad you're getting a lot of studying and schoolwork done. There's a lot of Christmas Fever going around these days that really holds up the progress.

That happens in some homes, I'm not sure which homes . . . but some . . . for sure. ;-)

Happy Friday. Again.

The Old Gray Mare said...

We have snow on the ground this morning. They are forecasting another winter storm for Christmas Eve, but whether it will be snow or cold rain is not yet decided.
In Kentucky, we're always on the bubble.

School around here has been sporadic for the past couple of weeks. We've got a lot of ground to cover in the second semester.

Enjoy your visit with your family!
I love your laid-back plans!