Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

We're supposed to be heading out to our last Christmas with family celebration. But we're waiting to see what the snow does. It is coming down hard and fast right now. We were supposed to get a total of 2-4 inches today. We've already gotten 4. Mr. I. went out to the barber shop (it was closed), post office and to get gas. He got back and immediately called his dad to report that the roads were not good, even the main highway through town. Neither of them can get in touch with Mr. I's Brother. They'll decide soon what we are doing.

We had a nice Christmas. Santa brought some good stuff. I got a thing for the Wii Fit that raises the step up 3 inches to give me a better workout. (I asked for it.) I also got a really nice blender (again, it was on my list). My old one will now be used to make recycled paper. Violet and her Girl Scout buddy Butterfly have been wanting to try that. Am I a good mom or what? Sacrifice my old blender for the greater good. And get a really nice new one out of the deal. I've named the new one Betty. She's Bertha's friend.

For dinner last night we had our fish. It turned out great. I also got a mandolin, one of those things that slices stuff really even. I used it to make fried potatoes to go with the fish and salads. It was a change in the menu, but I couldn't think of much else to slice. The potatoes were great.

Santa brought us Toy Story Mania for the Wii. Violet has been playing that all morning while waiting to go. She's getting quite good. I've played a few of the games too. It is really fun. Quite like the ride in Disney World. I'd definitely recommend the game for any Wii users out there. There are lots of games in it and it can be played by one to four players.

The snow hasn't slowed down since I started blogging. While I'd hate to miss out on the family Christmas, I'd also hate to be hit by some idiot going too fast or take three times as long to get there. Mr. I. is most worried about driving home in the dark. If I were a betting gal, I'd be putting my money on us not going.

1 comment:

SabrinaT said...

I asked for the Wii fit and active. Ian got them for me, but he grumbled all morning about it! He doesn't think workout gear is the right gift for a husband to give his wife...

Whatever... I got it and I plan to use it. Merry Christmas.