Friday, July 13, 2012

The Green Shirt

I started out liking the green shirt.  But it is hard to match.  And at a conference recently they took a photo of me and 2 coworkers all in our green shirts.  The next morning at breakfast they had the photo up on the big screen.  It was supposed to be scrolling through all the photos from the day before but they were having technical difficulties.  For 30 minutes or more we were larger than life in our green shirts.  All three of us pale as they come looking even more washed out and ill.  That kinda killed it for me.

I thought it was passable with the purple skirt too. I'll probably do that combo some day.

I had the worst time getting the hem straight on both. 

I think my inner girlie girl is coming out.  I've avoided skirts for at least 10 years also.  I bought a new pair of sandals to go with them.  A pair of black Keds sandals.  Very comfy for walking all over the trade show.


2 comments:

Fatcat said...

Maybe a purple necklace to balance out the washed out-ness? I don't wear anything but black, so I'm probably not good for fashion advice. :-)

MOM #1 said...

Oh, I think they both look cute. That green is a toughie. Maybe with the khaki. Have you tried shortening the skirts a little bit? Maybe you can't for work, but I think the silhouette would be a touch more flattering with a tiny bit of knee showing. You need to flaunt what you've got, Ms. Kick-Ass Accountant!

Please give a happy belated birthday to Violet for me. I can't believe she's a teenager already. All my internet surrogate children keep growing up on me. What the heck!