Friday, April 13, 2012

Various updates

It has been a busy week.

  • I went to Michigan and back. The work was good. The food was good. The hotel was nice. I was exhausted when I got home.
  • The mouse count is up to 9. Most have gone out alive. A few met the mouse equivalent of St. Peter. Rest their mousie souls.
  • Easter was nice. The Easter bunny hid over 50 eggs in the house. Violet had fun finding them all.
  • Cadettes was cancelled this week. It was by unanimous vote by the three moms. We were all tired.
  • I finished my work for my big deadline today. I wasn't sure on Wednesday when I was still waiting for information from others. I wasn't happy. They ignored me. I was even unhappier. But it was done by 9 am this morning. Then I took the rest of the day off.
  • Back to work tomorrow. I have to go in to the office. Short break.
  • Violet finished grammar for the year. We have a short poetry study to do next.
  • Violet decided that a week and a half break from math is too long. It was hard for her to get back into it. She is going to work on math over the summer. That made me happy.
  • Juliettes will meet here on Monday. We're going to do crafts for a jewelry badge. I need to clean the house on Sunday. My Juliettes don't seem to care about getting badges or other insignia. They don't keep their sashes up to date. Sigh. Violet loves getting badges and patches. She's going to keep it up. It is a nice way to remember things she did. Her Cadette group like it too, so at least she has that to share with them.
  • The Cadette mom and I have made tentative plans to merge the groups if we start losing girls in either one. So far we haven't, so we're not going to mess with the dynamics. But both our daughters love it too much, we'll make sure they have a group to do stuff with. Or at the very least, each other.
  • We went to the pool today. It has been getting more crowded. We were spoiled, we used to always have the place to ourselves. And we didn't know either of the women working at the desk. We used to know everyone there. Things change.
  • I had a mini bug after I got back from the trip. It was probably something I picked up there. But I really think stress and fatigue played a bigger part in it. I think I'm back to 100% now.

There's probably more, but that's what I can remember for now. Off to bed so I can go to work tomorrow. Blech.

1 comment:

Ami said...

I really need to get my eyes checked... or wear my reading glasses when I read blogs... last word looked like 'bitch' to me until I put them on.

::snort::

Hope you're feeling all better soon!!