Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm in love

Our town just got the best new business ever: our very own thrift store! I've had to go to other towns for my bargain fix, now I can stop in anytime I'm in town. It is maybe 5 minutes away. This could be dangerous.

It is more upscale than a lot of Salvation Army and Goodwill stores I've been in. Not to be a snob, but it is really nice not to have to sort through the "junk" to find the "good" stuff. It is clean. There's carpeting on the floor. The merchandise is in good shape. Ok, so the prices are maybe 25% more than in Salvation Army (maybe 50% on a few things), but the clothing was all stain free and things weren't broken. And by higher prices, I'm talking $1 each for the 2 shirts I bought Violet instead of 25 or 50 cents.

Violet and I stopped in and spent an hour browsing around. We had a blast. Besides her shirts, we each bought a dressy scarf ($1 each), a sock monkey (a present for my mom - what can I say, we're freaks), some knick knacks for my desk at work (I want my desk to look lived in, but I don't want to take anything and leave it there that really means anything to me), brand new slippers for Violet ($3), and a couple of knick-knacky things Violet picked out. Everything totaled less than $20. We're going back soon. I need a few more items to wear for work, you can bet I'm looking there first. In fact, we decided whenever we need anything, we're looking there first!

I'm so excited!!!

1 comment:

Ami said...

You know how much I love thrift stores... I go at least three times a week to our local Goodwill.

If you lived closer, I'd take you shopping when I go.

:)