Monday, May 31, 2010

Long Weekend

We jam packed stuff into this weekend. I am beat.

We took the day off on Friday and went to a shopping mall about 45 minutes away. Violet had a $5 off any purchase coupon for Build-a-Bear and it is the closest one. She picked out an outfit and paid the difference. We had lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. I bought a blazer to wear when I speak in late June at an event for work. We also found some more shorts and a swimsuit for Violet. It was quite a day and we were beat when we got home.

On Saturday, Violet and Mr. Incredible went to a family picnic/birthday party. They picked up Mr. I's Dad on the way and he spent the night here Saturday night. He had been in the area for a few days and it was the only time Mr. I got to see him. He headed home to Wisconsin the next morning.

Where was I, you ask? Why didn't I go to the party? Because I stayed home and worked. I had gotten a huge project on Friday that had to be done by Tuesday morning. I thought about it a long time and figured that I had to miss out on something if I was going to finish. I decided that was what I would rather miss out on over spending time with just Violet and Mr. I. They did bring me home a goodie bag of cookies from the party, that was nice. I finished the project, plus did some extra work to help get me started for the week.

Sunday we went to see the Kane County Cougars, a Class A minor league baseball team, play the Clinton Lumber Kings. Our Cougars lost. It wasn't even a very good game. But it was fun, it always is at the Cougars. Ozzie, their mascot was entertaining the crowd, with special guest Birdzerk. It was Girl Scout night, so there were lots of girls in the stands. We couldn't get any of our Girl Scout friends to go with us, but their loss, we had fun. Didn't get home until after 10:30. We stayed for fireworks and to run the bases.

Side note, whoever thought up "run the bases" was a crowd control genius. Many of us lined up to go out on the field to run around the bases. It took just a couple of minutes for our run, 15 or 20 minutes to wait our turn. Meanwhile, other fans trickled out of the stadium and parking lot.

Another side note, I run like Kermit the Frog. Carrying a little pink purse. I'll probably be on You-Tube next week. Watch for me.

Today was our day off. I am so glad I got all the work done on Saturday (I'd rather have not had to work then either, but it was good for the old paycheck). I did an extra long workout with Wii Fit. I started some pre-reading for 6th grade next year (I'm reading ahead in science, history and mythology and making notes of extra activities we can do to spice up the reading - more about that in another post).

Violet and Mr. I installed his new rain barrel. We did a little bit of yard work and house work. And we grilled out. It was a nice day. Even the rain we had this morning really didn't interfere with anything we were doing.

Hope you all had a safe and good long weekend as well!

2 comments:

Ami said...

Leaves me breathless.
And admiring... since all I did this weekend was sleep a little extra and get caught up with laundry and dishes.

The Old Gray Mare said...

Your weekend sounds similiar to mine.

Saturday was spent shopping for Blondie's dorm room. Exhausting!

We grilled out twice, did some household chores & yard work, and caught up on some paperwork.

We really enjoy going to our local minor league baseball games too. We always try to go to at least one game.

I've never run the bases, however. If you are Kermit, then I'd be Eeyore. :o)