Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thomas Jefferson Education

Lately I have had an interest in the Thomas Jefferson Education method of homeschooling. Okay, I'm going to stop all the die hard Thomas Jefferson Educators right now. I haven't read the books yet. Just some articles. I've talked to a friend who is really into it. I don't know much about it yet, but intend to learn. If I say something wrong, do not jump down my throat. Your comment will not get posted. But if you wish to encourage me to learn more, please do so.

Can you say Freakmom is a little sensitive? What I can I say, I'm tired of people who don't give others a chance. I don't like being told I'm wrong all the time. Even when I am. I'm learning. I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong. But if you'll notice I don't usually go pointing out when you are wrong. Unless of course you are Mr. Incredible. I tell him all the time.

Sorry, I don't know where that all came from. I must have some repressed hostilities. Funny, I thought all my hostilities were pretty much out in the open.

So anyway, the books arrived today and I'm about to go start reading them. I've browsed through my friend's copies in the past. I like the idea of studying the classics. I've always considered our homeschool loosely classical. Not "The Well Trained Mind" classical, although I love that book. While we think the classics should be read and Latin and logic should be studied, Violet has subscriptions to several Archie Comics series and I read fluff novels every chance I get.

Boy, Freakmom sure is digressing tonight.

I am thinking about taking this class in the fall: Classic Moms. It sounds like fun. I like the on your own pace and the fact that if I don't do all the reading I can hide behind the internet. A couple of local friends are considering it as well. I told them they could pretend not to know me online if I fall behind and turn out to be the class classical dunce.

I think I need something just for me. This sounds promising. It sounds fun. We'll see. If it doesn't work, I'll be posting here in a few months about my next great idea for something just for me.

If you look over the link and decide you are interested, let me know. You can pretend not to know me too so I don't embarrass you if you want. I don't mind. I may pretend I don't know me too.

1 comment:

Ami said...

I know nothing about Thomas Jefferson education.

But this post cracked me up because, well, it showed a funny side of you that you don't show much.

:)

Email me your address, will you?
I no longer have it.