Sunday, June 13, 2010

Honestly, not all it is cracked up to be

I had fun on my girl's getaway. But honestly, I missed my family. They went to my in-laws and did a bunch of stuff at the Dells. I'm glad they did and weren't bored. But a big part of me wished I were with them. I'm such a mom.

As for the weekend. We stayed up too late, got up too early, drank too much, ate too much (and way too much junk food) and spent too much money. I had a couple of benefactors helping pay my way (in exchange for computer help from Mr. Incredible), but still I felt out of my league. I'm not used to $35 a person dinners, which they all said was such a good deal. The 3 of us could go to our favorite pizza place for that, and we consider it a big splurge. I felt in over my head more than once.

But the pool was nice, we laughed so hard (I can't believe we didn't get kicked out of a couple of restaurants!), and it is nice to feel so loved by friends. I did relax and kick back and have fun. Even if I lost miserably at Uno!

p.s. the drinking too much happened only at the resort when we were in for the night. When we were out we had a designated driver who stuck faithfully to her Diet Coke.

2 comments:

Ami said...

Yeah, I prefer the company of my family.

Nice to go have a good time now and then with someone who isn't family... but I like being home at night.

Glad you had a good time.

The Old Gray Mare said...

I'd rather be home too.

My idea of "girl time" is hanging out with Lisa & Emily. :o)