Sunday, November 18, 2007

Going every which way

Once again I've been pulled in every direction but to my blog. Sigh, I miss it here. People here "get" me. Here's a short synopsis of what I've been up to:

Violet has taken a couple of classes at the nature center. She's enjoyed them. She was signed up for one tomorrow on Rocks, but it was canceled due to lack of enrollment. They did however give us the option to enroll her in the 3-6 year old class on Tuesday. (She's 8.) We're going to give it a try because it was material she really likes. I'm a little unsure about it. Is having her 2 years older than the rest really the group setting I'm look for?

Work has been very busy lately. I only have a few clients, yet it seems they all have had crises the last 3 weeks. I have to prepare a presentation for my boss today then it should be quiet until after Thanksgiving.

I had a dinner party! Yes, I had the girls over and we ate and gossiped and drank. We have a group of 10 all have worked at one time or another for the firm I work for. Only 4 of us made it this time, but in a way it was easier to all talk than when we're all there. Of course that meant cleaning the house, shopping, cooking, cleaning up afterwards. The house really needed the cleaning. I still haven't put everything back yet.

One really good thing that came out of it all was that I cleaned out the pantry and the fridge of old food. Mr. Incredible is so reluctant to toss out food past its expiration date. So what if it is stale, he might eat it. :roll eyes: He was out of the house, I got it all bagged up and tossed. There's still more, but I didn't want to raise suspicions. I'll do another round soon. Shh

On the Girl Scout front Violet sold over $450 in candy, nuts and magazine subscriptions! That has to be one of the highest sales in our region. She's also worked on a few Try-It badges.

It was so great being at the Service unit meeting last night. So many of my friends from day camp were there. I got hugs and "how are yous?" all night long. I have finally gotten what I really wanted out of it all, to be part of something and to get to know people. And best of all, I didn't sign up for anything new. We also had our Delegate meeting yesterday. There are some really big changes coming to Girl Scouts and our council in the next few years as we merge with 3 other councils. It is a really good time to have my foot in the door and already be involved at the council level.

Our last appointment of the year is tomorrow. I go in for my mammogram. We've done eyes, teeth, physicals. Violet got her braces off!!! Of course the every six months at the dentist starts up again in January, but at least we can get through the holidays with no appointments! Let's just not get sick.

Finally, Thanksgiving is upon us. We are going to the Grandparents in Wisconsin for the day, then on to Minneapolis that night. We're going to the Minnesota Zoo for a few days and hang out. We bought a membership there a few years ago. We try to get back once a year. We have to decide today if the cats and hamster will be okay for 3 nights or if I need to have the pet sitter come by and check on them. The hamster has escaped 5 times now. I'm almost more worried that if she tries to feed him the cage won't be closed up tightly (it needs to be extra tight or the little guy shakes his way out). Would it be weird to put a little food on the floor under the table his cage sits on, just in case?

That's the last 2 weeks in a nutshell. Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving, in case I don't get back here before then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes being busy can be a good thing, right? Please say yes! LOL

Since the material is something she likes, I'm sure Violet will be fine with the 3-6 year olds. :o)

You cleaned out the pantry and fridge and got away with it? WooHoo!

The dinner party sounds great! Wish I had been there... Wait! We never worked together! Rats!

Praying the mammo is normal. I'm due for one as well. SQUISH

Wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings! (((You)))