Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A freakmom walks into an office supply store

My kid wants a purple calculator. Who can blame her? Purple is cool. She's 8. Calculators are fun. Purple it is!

So we've been looking around trying to find one. You'd think it'd be easy. There are school supplies on sale everywhere. No purple ones to be found. I even asked at Office Max today. The kid working there thought maybe I'd have better luck at Target. I didn't tell him I'd already tried 2 Target stores.

The kid said maybe dark blue or fushia (the only 2 non-grey or black colors we've seen so far). Sigh.

Is it better to make her learn to give up her dreams at an early age? Or to raise a freak kid? I'm going with freak kid and am going to check the internet for purple calculators.

3 comments:

Quill said...

I vote for raising a freak kid. Everyone needs a dream.

Paz123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Freakmom said...

Sorry Parley, Freakmom doesn't allow advertising other sites on her blog. I deleted your link.

Freakmom