Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Observations and follow-up

I drove to the office this morning and on my way I passed a high school. The sign board out front proclaimed, "Welcome back staff and students!"Since they claim it is "all about the students" then why did the staff come first on the welcome back sign?

Day 2 of the cookie sale and Violet has met her goal. It was only 40 boxes. I took her form to the office with me and posted it in the small kitchen right by my desk. By the time I left she had enough boxes ordered combined with a few family orders to meet her goal. Over half of the boxes were to be donated to either the soldiers or the food pantry. Violet is the philanthropic cookie seller in our office. She's got some loyal customers who love to donate their cookies so we promote that.

By the way, I'm not doing anything about the pre-seller at our office. We're in different councils (the border runs between my house and the office). She's a bigwig I need on my side (and she currently is). And I am sure she didn't get the instructions from her daughter's troop leader about not selling early. Violet is happy with her sales, and she's still got time for more orders to come in. Looks like the other girl who has sold in the past isn't selling this year, so there isn't that much competition.

The knitted caterpillar is almost done. Expect a photo soon.

School starts back in full swing tomorrow. Guess I'd better get some enthusiasm going.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

I'm just about to dash out and do the school run. I've been waiting for the phone to ring since it's their first day back, but.......

MOM #1 said...

Well, Baby Boy and I still have a couple weeks off. I'll be thinking of y'all tomorrow!

SabrinaT said...

Oh, how we love thin mints! And, Peanut butter, oh, and those lemon cookies.. YUM! I put them in the freezer (all the way in the back where the kids can't see them)

We started back today. Fun times here...

Anonymous said...

Hm, maybe because the staff gets paid? I dunno...

Girl Scout Cookies! Omnomnom!