Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Knit Caterpillar

I finally finished the caterpillar tonight! I've been almost done for a few days now and just finding those few minutes to do it has been impossible. I'm so tickled at how it turned out! My first non-scarf knitting project! I had to follow a pattern, knit, purl, increase stitches and decrease stitches.



She's all ready for her close up:



I'm not too happy with the bottom seam stitching. I plan to make more caterpillars to keep practicing, so I'll try to make their seams look better and not so much like horrible surgical scars:



This last week has been so busy! We started school up again at the same time that work got into the swing again. Plus we had errands to run that we either couldn't do over the Christmas break (like the Girl Scout shop which was closed) or didn't want to while the kids were out (like getting my hair cut and going to open swim). I've got a call scheduled with my boss tomorrow to review my work load and see about getting some help (I finally got through to her that I was on the verge of burning out if I didn't get more support - in her defense, I hadn't been very clear until the end, then she was very receptive to listen). This past week I had a hard time getting my hours in while still getting everything else done. I think Mr. I and Violet realize too that they need to help more around the house.

I have been continuing to work out every day (or almost every day). I know that cuts into my free time/work time, but I don't want to give it up. I have noticed that my sleeping has greatly improved since I've been working out. And I haven't had any night sweats since I've been exercising. Since the night sweats are just starting and aren't likely to go away any time soon, I think I really need to keep the exercise up.

Since I'm not willing to quit exercising, and I also think I deserve a little free time each day, I'm thinking housekeeping must be the thing to go. Just a warning, if you drop by, you'll likely be wading through clutter and a sink full of dirty dishes. I see no other alternatives.

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty. I love her eyes!

Ah yes, starting up school and work again, and getting back to normal. Sometimes its hard to get back into a new routine.

Congratulations on keeping up with your work out! Housekeeping can wait. ;)

Fatcat said...

"I'm thinking housekeeping must be the thing to go." Love it. I am starting to think that you and I might be kind of cut from the same cloth as well!

The caterpillar is cute. My daughter taught me how to crochet last month, but I only worked on it a couple of days, then got busy with Christmas, so I need to get her to show me again.

Mother Mayhem said...

Sweet! :o)

The closest thing to crafting I've done lately is sewing up Ollie's squeak. It's stuffing guts were all hanging out. LOL.

MOM #1 said...

I'm a Psycho housecleaning freak, but I hate to work out. How about I come over and sweep, mop, vacuum, and wash dishes at your house and you can run a few miles for me. I expect my thighs to stop juggling any moment . . . NOW! ;-)