Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Company picnic activity ideas needed

You might remember last year I ran a craft project for kids at my company picnic. We did the faux tie dye with Sharpie markers and alcohol. It was a big success.

The company picnic is coming up again this summer, and I'd like to do another craft or maybe an activity. I'm looking to my wise and clever blog readers for ideas to float past the picnic committee. Do you have any ideas that would be:

1. Easy enough for pretty little kids, we had some as young as 3 and 4 participating last year (with lots of parent and/or grandparent help)

2. Not terribly messy, there isn't running water in the picnic shelter

3. Doesn't involve too much paint or glue, or if it does is fairly fast drying. The picnic isn't that long and I doubt my coworkers will be thrilled at having to transport dripping projects home in their fancy cars

I thought of maybe sand art, you know where you fill the bottles with colored sand. One person requested a repeat of last year's project, but that sounds boring. I want to look back through her blog posts, but I know Ami does some cool things with stomp rockets. That could be fun.

If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Fly in Ami and have her run it.

The kids would have fun, and you'd get to spend the day with her too.

Heck, *I* might even show up for that!