Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Busy week

Every week is busy around here at the Freak house, but this week is worse than usual. Violet had her normal swim lesson, plus a dentist appointment. We went to the Festival of the Sugar Maples to learn about the production of maple syrup. (Our county has a big population of sugar maple trees, we are one of the southern-most areas that can produce maple syrup). And we have seats for the school performance of Max & Ruby (not sure if it is a musical or play or what).

If that isn't enough I had a Girl Scout leader meeting tonight. And Mr. I. had the furnace guy out on Tuesday. We found out our furnace model is likely to leak carbon monoxide. We had it tested, and you guessed it. It leaks it. So he's coming back tomorrow to exchange a part of some sort. Because it is a flaw in the furnace, the part is free. We just pay for labor. That's bad enough, but better than death by carbon monoxide poisoning.

It was Girl Scout cookie week and we've been delivering cookies. I pick them up for the other homeschool Girl Scouts and they pick them up from here. It works out really well for us all. We've got most of Violet's orders delivered and paid for, there are a few more to go this weekend. And a few coworkers to catch up with on Saturday for payment.

Despite all this we are making good progress with school. Violet really enjoys having my full attention in the afternoons and is happy to study during it. We aren't doing any work that is too terribly taxing either, which helps.

It really helps having less pressure at work. I still have a lot to do. But I'm not going nuts over it all. Plus I'm not going to bust my butt to get something done, when they are just going to sit on it for a week anyway. I've been asking "when will you look at this" rather than "when do you want this by." Turns out the answers aren't always the same. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure things out.

1 comment:

Ami said...

Nice to 'hear' from ya.
It sounds like a really busy week or so... I do NOT miss the cookie sale AT ALL.

You're so smart to step back from the work situation and relax a bit.

:)

Hope to see you tomorrow nite in chat.