Saturday, February 20, 2010

Change in plans

I am still quite busy with work, but I am no longer trying to get that promotion. I'm not comfortable going into details here, but let's just say I found out there were a lot of unwritten requirements that I didn't know about (no, nothing illegal or immoral, just stuff that would require more selling out than I thought there would be). If you want more of the ugly story, let me know and I'll tell you in e-mail. I love telling it. It is very therapeutic.

So, I am working as many hours as I can get in, but a little more on my terms. They don't know it yet. I'm not sure how to broach that with them. How do I say, never mind I figured out you were never going to promote me anyway because I wouldn't conform to your unreasonable expectations. I have someone in upper management who I can trust, I have to discuss things with her. She'll help me. It may not be resolved, but I've got to say there's a lot less pressure now.

Mr. I's birthday was Friday. We had seats for a school day performance of the Moscow Circus. We had gotten him a seat to go with Violet and me. We really enjoyed the show. It was interesting to see Mr. I.'s reaction to the theater full of school kids. He now gets some of the complaints I've had for the last 3 years that we've been attending. It was a sold out show, so he really got the full experience of crowds, noise and buses clogging the parking lot.

Afterward we took him out for pizza at his favorite pizza place. Then we went shopping at Target. Today he and Violet made his birthday brownies (he always wants those over a cake).

We are expecting a big snow Monday. Luckily we aren't going anywhere.

2 comments:

Ami said...

I applaud your decision to back off the whole promotion idea. Sorry for the necessity, but after what you told me, I think it's the best decision you could have made.

Happy Birthday to Mr. Incredible... and I sort of like brownies, too.

Maybe you could send me one when you send the cat?

Mother Mayhem said...

Happy belated birthday to Mr. Incredible! :o)