Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tough winter

We had our third snow of the season today.  We got several inches.  Not enough to cause Violet's art class to be canceled but enough to have to shovel and worry about what the roads would be like.  We've had a cold spell, and tomorrow the temperature is supposed to only be in the teens again.  This is shaping up to be one tough winter.

I go back to work on Monday after 7 days off.  It was so nice to be off!  I wish I could be off permanently.  But alas, that is not to be.  At least I'll be working from home and not driving in.

My muscles are starting to speak to me again.  I did 3 miles today (at a quick walk, no more running for this old Freakmom).  I was so tired at the end of it.  I didn't sleep well last night, that may have something to do with it.  I was hoping to be down to 150 by the end of the year, but I seem to be stuck at 153.  I guess if I can stay there and not go up that will be good.  There are so many goodies sitting out on the counter calling to me.  It is hard to resist those once a year treats.

If anyone has use Khan Academy's geometry course as a full high school geometry course, let me know what you think.  We are considering it for next year.  I'm wondering if there's enough practice in it to be a full course or not.

2 comments:

Ami said...

I've heard a lot of great things about Khan. I guess I'd just find more practice if I needed it and use a free resource whenever possible.

Nice to see you blogging again. :)

Mel said...

No experience with Khan but keep hearing good things. We're still sticking it out with Teaching Textbooks, now in Algebra 2. Planning to use it again next year for Geometry.