Sunday, May 5, 2013

Walked Three Chapters Today

Today was a good day off.  If you read yesterday's post (and I'm sorry for my whining if you did), you could probably tell I really needed a day off.  Or two, or three.  But I'll have to settle for one right now.

I went for a walk this morning and started listening to my audiobook (Dawn O'Hara, The Girl Who Laughed by Edna Ferber).  I walked 3 chapters.  I am going to really like listening to books while walking, I can tell.  If you have any favorite audiobooks available on LibriVox, let me know.  When I got back, Violet and I went out to Walmart.  I bought new running shoes.  I didn't have good shoes for walking, and I'm really considering running too, so I needed decent shoes.  And I bought some athletic socks.  Oh, and I started stretching for 10 minutes in the morning and evening.  Gee, I may just break out in health!

Our main reason to go to Walmart was to look for summer clothes for Violet, especially shorts.  She tried on a total of 7 pairs (plus a shirt) and bought 3 pairs of shorts.  She prefers them to be longer and actually cover her butt cheeks.  Those are hard to find for young girls.  But we did find some nice ones that she'll be comfortable in.

She also looked at the bedding and picked out a new comforter and sheet set and used a gift card she'd gotten for Christmas from her Grandparents on them.  They are cute, bright colors, geometric designs.  Very Violet.  I don't know if I mentioned, but we got her a loft bed this winter.  Very teen.  And it was time to update her sheets and comforter.  I mean, Hello Kitty is cool and all, but the same Hello Kitty you've had off and on since you were 4, not so much.  She's going to donate that set (her idea).

I've been trying to expand my cooking horizons and made salmon with a marmalade and soy glaze, couscous, roasted brussels sprouts and glazed carrots for dinner.  All pretty good.  I tried a new glazed carrots recipe and didn't really care for it.  I loved the salmon though.  The recipe called for orange marmalade but we had a three fruit marmalade so I used that instead.  Very tasty.  Interesting, as I look at the links for the recipes (I used my Cooking Light magazine hardcopy when I made them) the salmon got 5 stars, the carrots 1 star.  I'd agree. 

Back to work tomorrow.  But at least I'll be working from home.  Easier to hide there when needed.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Just stopping by to get your url so I can add it into my new Feedly reader. Thought I'd say hello! I also changed my blog url to nightowlmel.