Wednesday, December 12, 2012

That Darn Cat

Bubbles loves the Christmas tree.  It didn't take her long to make it all the way to the top!

And start to take a nap

I call this one, "Cat Butt in Tree"

"But I'm so darned cute!"



Yes, it is proving to be an interesting Christmas time.  We didn't want to put up any sentimental or breakable ornaments.  It seems to be a wise decision.  Instead of lights we made paper chain.  We've since added some paper snowflakes too, which also help to brighten it up.  The ornaments are all either homemade or from a garage sale (years and years ago Mr. I. and I bought them) or the thrift store (Violet and I score big there on some ornaments on Monday, $2 for about 50 ball ornaments).

I have to say it is rather odd to have your Christmas tree shake and meow when you are quietly sitting by it.  I think it will come down the earliest ever this year.  By the 26th I expect we'll be tired of picking up ornaments and pulling kittens out of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, my kitten did the same thing last year. Some people freaked out, all, "Oh my gosh, she could get hurt!"

You know what? Kittens will climb. Yes, she could have gotten hurt, but she didn't. I did my best to discourage her with scoldings and a water bottle. She survived.

This year, she's mostly outgrown it, and is content to stand up on her hind legs to bat at things. Hence, only the top half of the tree is decorated. ;)

Bubbles looks adorable, though I'm sure the "How cute!" wore off pretty quickly after the first few dashes up the tree, eh?

Mel said...

I'm not a cat person but that is darn cute!

Ami said...

This is only one reason in a list of billions that we do NOT HAVE a cat.
Actually, we do not have a Christmas tree this year, either. It's sitting snug in the shed.