Sunday, November 21, 2010

Behind What?

I can't keep up with life at the moment. I'm working full time, running the house, and homeschooling. I decided at least through thanksgiving, and probably until January the only subjects we are doing will be: math, grammar, spelling, history and thinking skills (a Critical Thinking Company workbook Violet loves). She can special request other subjects, but they won't be planned. So far she has opted for open swim (which I am all in favor of because it is the only exercise I get), cooking and lots of art projects she does on her own (all over the kitchen, dining room and family room!).

Good thing I'm pretty experienced at this homeschool thing or I would be worrying that she's going to fall behind in science, Latin, logic and anything else we're skipping. But other than science, they don't even DO those subjects in public school 6th grade. Say it with me Homeschool Moms, "behind what?"

So while she thinks she's getting off easy, she's actually still likely doing more academics than her peers. Homeschool moms can be evil, can't we?

2 comments:

Ami said...

I was just getting ready to email you and ask you if everything was okay... it sounds like you're just busier than that one legged man in the butt kicking contest.

Nice to 'see' you.

Fatcat said...

"behind what?"

She'll be fine. I hope things calm down for you soon.