Saturday, January 9, 2010

Remember me?

Good golly, I've been busy this week. We started homeschool back up on Monday. In order to have some structure for Violet, we are devoting from around 1:00 in the afternoon until 4:00 ish every week day to school. She is loving it. We have a list of things to work on each day. There have been very few tears. She looks forward to (most of) it.

I guess what they say about kids wanting structure in their lives is true. With Mr. I. now unemployed, her previous structure crashed and burned before her very eyes. As long as she's happy with this arrangement, we plan to keep it up.

Meanwhile, I'm working more hours than ever. No, I'm not really sure where I'm fitting them all in. I am able to do some in the afternoons while Violet work independently on some subjects. This is the first time ever we've had that. She's been very hands on in the past. The timing couldn't be better.

Mr. I. is working on getting his business started up. And working on some side projects. He applied for unemployment benefits. They'll start arriving soon. It will be less than half of his previous pay. He's got to find out how much he can earn, if any, without reducing his benefits.

I'm still bitter and resentful. We've worked so hard all our adult lives. And what do we get for a reward. A kick in the pants. Mr. I spent his 2 month "severance" period working for the no longer existing company. Several of them did, getting lose ends tied up and equipment moved out. So much for their severance pay. Sounds like regular salary to me.

I think I'd better wrap up this entry before it turns even more sour.

Crap, I missed Mental's online chat again last night! I've got to get those on my calendar. Sorry, Mental. I really would like to suspend real life for a while and chat with others like a normal homeschool mom for a while.

Back to work for a few more minutes, then I'm calling it a night.

11 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Oh, Honey, bitching and groaning on your blog is not only allowed, it's actively encouraged. Where else are we Moms supposed to get it all out?

I've got your whole family in my thoughts. I hope those unemployment benefits come through real soon and I hope Mr. I's business his the ground running hard and heavy. Y'all deserve it.

I'm glad Violet is loving her new structured learning environment. Baby Boy always enjoyed his structure too. He acted like he didn't, but when I let him learn free-range . . . he just roamed in circles.

XOXOXO

MOM #1 said...

That should have been "I hope Mr. I's business HITS the ground running hard and heavy."

I'm obviously up too late.

Ami said...

I can email you about the chat.. if I remember.

And I agree. Moan and groan and complain and be pissy on your blog all you want... if someone doesn't like it, why they can just click 'next blog' can't they?

SabrinaT said...

I hope Mr. I does well with his new business!!

DITTO Mom #1 and ami...

Unknown said...

Always enjoy your blog entries. I am hosting an art giveaway that you might find interesting. Stop by when you have a chance and take a look.
Blessings
Diane

Mother Mayhem said...

Aw, Sweetie... HUGS.

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

I'm riding the unemployment - why are you suddenly around all the time now - train too. Bitch away. We get it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I will add your family to my prayer list.
I am so sorry and I agree with MOM # bitch and complain....we will listen!!! I hope that things start to look up very soon.

MOM #1 said...

Hey, I just wanted to check in and see how y'all are doing? I'm sure you've been busy or just not in the mood to blog, but when the family's going through transition and you're MIA for a while, I start to worry.

If you need to talk, just drop me a line. I have an "email me" button on my profile. You can email me and just let me know you're alive but don't feel like chatting too . . . in fact . . . I'd love to hear from you.

Take care! Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.