Saturday, September 5, 2009

8 things that have happened recently

So much to tell you, so little time to blog. Don't you hate it when responsibilities get in the way of your internet life? I sure do!

1. I bought a new outfit for my presentation in a couple of weeks. What do you think?


2. We had a possum on our deck the other night. He was in the corner birdfeeder. We couldn't figure out why one of our cats was glued to the deck door. We turned on the light and there he was. Haven't seen him again, but we are kind of hoping we do.

3. School got off to a pretty good start this week. Violet isn't too sure about this working on her own from her list. But I keep telling her it will get easier. I was helping her more at the end of the week. I assured her there are a lot of adults who couldn't take a to do list and have it all done by the deadline without any interference from anyone else. I work with a bunch of people like that. She's going to be so far ahead of the game when she gets to college if she masters this.

4. If you come to our house and we cook out, you might want to pass on the turkey burgers. We were cooking some on the grill tonight (or rather Mr. Incredible was, I was playing a game with Violet). First we ran out of gas in the tank and he had to microwave them to finish them. Then while we ate some in the other room, one of the cats (the possum spotter) jumped up on the counter and licked them! I'd recommend ordering a pizza.

5. I bought my first pair of shoes from Zappos. Man, is that the coolest sight ever or what! I bought a pair of plain, white, comfy Keds for walking. Got them a couple of days later. No shipping charges. And if they hadn't fit (which they did) free shipping back. I love them. I told Mr. I to put a parental supervision lock on that sight on my laptop.

6. Speaking of Mr. I. we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this past week. Yep, 20 years he's put up with me. We didn't do anything since we are going on a trip in a couple of weeks and that is our present and celebration. But he did go out to the barber during the day and stopped at the store to bring me back flowers. And I had a Girl Scout service team meeting at an ice cream shop that night and brought him back a piece of apple pie.

7. At 5:00 am this morning, someone set off fireworks in our neighborhood. We actually heard them first in the front, then in the back, then in the front again. 2 people (groups? families?) setting them off at about the same time in the very early morning? I have no idea why.

8. Anyone remember when I was on the Girl Scout day camp committee a few years ago? I worked way too hard. Violet hated camp. We both vowed never again. Well, we've kept our word. But now we have a new Service Unit Manager and she has a very good idea. She is right that in the past the committee has been dysfunctional to put it very mildly. No punches have ever been thrown. No charges ever filed. But it came close a few times. She is calling a meeting of everyone who has been involved to air all the dirty laundry and come up with a good plan to move forward with. Long overdue and very brave of her. Not something I have any interest in being a part of. I've finally forgotten most of it. Luckily, she set up the meeting while I'm at the convention. Oh darn. Tee hee. I am going to send her a couple of notes on things I can still remember.

I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten to tell you, but that's what I can remember right now. Have a good remainder of the holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love red plaid. It is very autumnal. The suit is perfect, because it is seasonal and pretty.

It sounds like things are just kind of flowing along nicely, no major bumps here and there, and that is always good.

Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary to you both!!!

MOM #1 said...

It seems like all of our real lives have been too busy lately leaving little online life time . . . go figure.

You look great in your new outfit. Very fancy! Go get 'em.

Mother Mayhem said...

Looking good, my friend! :o)

Happy belated anniversary wishes! May you be blessed with many more.

LOVE Zappos! That's where I order Emily's shoes! ;o)

Maye possum burgers next time? EW.

Stay away from the Kool-Aid.