Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Patchwork Scarf

Here it is, my first ever knitted scarf:



It is uneven, there are a few holes, I was just figuring out how to change colors. But it is the best scarf I have ever knitted. I'm going to wear it proudly. I think I did quite good for only having had one 45 minute informal knitting lesson less than 2 months ago.

Freakmom's note: if you don't like it, keep it to yourself. Freakmom doesn't post to please you, nor does she knit to meet your approval. Freakmom is 44 years old and doesn't have to put up with that crap any more.

In other news: I'm still reading my magazines. I'm almost done. It was my own little self-indulgent venture. For those of you who've known me for a while, you know I've had a lot of changes crammed down my throat the last 2 years and I've lost a lot of control over my life. My free time is almost non-existent, some days I'm doing good to have time to have proper personal hygiene. I'm trying to take back my life and let go of some of my anger. Getting the chance to go through these old magazines has been fun, relaxing, and a taste of the old life. Time well spent if you ask me.

Happy New Year everyone!

7 comments:

Ami said...

I like it! It's better than any scarf I've ever knitted, too. (Because of course, the scarves I have knitted exist only in some parallel universe far from this one!)

Happy 2011!!

MOM #1 said...

Well I don't know how to knit at all. I think it looks great!

So nice to hear from you, Happy New Year!

I wish you, Violet, and Mr. Incredible Peace, Love, Prosperity throughout 2011 and Beyond!

Fatcat said...

I love it. I've never knitted a scarf either, although I once made one out of polar fleece. :-) My husband knitted me a scarf when we were dating.

Gail said...

Love the scarf, love the magazine-reading-mania. You rock.

Mel said...

Well, I am very proud of you and your scarf! Looks great to me! (have tried to learn crochet before, just can't do it, I'm all thumbs, and don't "get it")

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL SCARF!!! I am so proud of you!!! You did a super job!!
Have you learned anything new in your reading of your magazines?? I usually tear out the pages to read later and then just have lots of piles around!!!
Happy New Year to the Incredibles!!!

Mother Mayhem said...

I think it's beautiful. And, if you don't have enough time for all the personal hygiene, it will hide your rusty neck. :o)