Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Better keep my day job

Tonight Mr. I. had a chamber of commerce meeting and dinner so Violet and I were on our own to eat. We decided to make omelets. Mr. I doesn't care for eggs. It is one of his many weird eating things. It is best not to try to understand him.

Violet learned to make omelets in one of her summer culinary classes. We made turkey bacon to go with them, and had onion, green pepper, ham and cheese to go in them. Following Chef's recipe Violet made a beautiful omelet:



This was it on the plate:



It was actually the second omelet we made. I tried to help with the first one. If you look at the photo of my omelet, you'll see why Violet wanted to do the second one herself:



Not quite as beautiful, huh? But it tasted fantastic! So I definitely won't be hired by a diner anytime soon, although Violet just might be. And if you ever spend the night at our house, ask Violet to make you an omelet in the morning, not me.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow, what a lovely job!

Ami said...

I have those exact same plates.

And I don't eat turkey, I am pretty sure I'm allergic to it. But gee, Violet's creation looks lovely.

Mother Mayhem said...

Some of the worst looking things I've ever seen were the best things I've ever tasted. Take heart. :o)