Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Magazine Sales Time of Year Again

Just a warning to those of you who have let me use your e-mail or snail mail addresses in the past, it is magazine sales time again for Girl Scouts. I'll plan on using your addresses again unless I hear that you'd rather I didn't. And it is absolutely 100% A-OK to say, "please take me off the list this year."

As a reminder, or for anyone new, Violet has to send 12 e-mails and 12 snail mail addresses to earn (stupid) little patches for the Girl Scout magazine sale. They really get you because all the patches neatly fit together so of course she wants to get them all. It is such a scam. But they really do only send the sales pitch once (and let me know if they don't because they are not supposed to and Council needs to know if QSP violates that). Extra sales from the e-mail are very nice (Violet gets credit for magazines ordered online by October 23rd), but I am mainly trolling all my blogging buddies for the addresses.

Let me know in the next week or so if you participated in the past but would rather not this year. E-mails will be coming out around October 9th. The catalogs don't get mailed until a few months later. And if you'd like to be included this year, but weren't in the past, let me know.

Thanks so much for your help! You guys are the best!

2 comments:

Mel said...

I didn't even know GS sold magazines. LOL Her old troop never did and the new hasn't mentioned it either so am guessing we won't be doing it. Whew.

Fatcat said...

You are free to use mine again but my email address has changed to d p sorrell at gmail dot com. :-)

I lost the link to your other blog. :-(