Saturday, April 17, 2010

What a basket case

I am a mess. I've forgotten my password for my work voice mail. I can't change my status to out of the office. Last time I was in the office it insisted I change the password right then and there. I did. I jotted the new password down on a little piece of yellow paper, in yellow highlighter. It was the only thing handy. I don't remember the password. I can't find the paper. I'll have to ask IT to reset my password on Monday. Meantime I head to Michigan tomorrow for a conference. I'll have to call them when I get a chance.

About a month ago I had to have IT reset another of my work passwords.

I'm constantly forgetting internet passwords and having to have them e-mailed to me. I even have my computer remember them (whenever safe, not like the online banking one). And I still lose them. I also have a handy dandy little program that I can input them into. Still, I lose them or forget them or misplace them.

I'm hopeless.

I've been totally messed up on what day it is this week. I missed the Friday night homeschool chat because I didn't realize it was Friday night until the chat was over. Part of the problem was that I played hooky from work two days. I felt lousy. It was overload.

I am mostly looking forward to the conference. Three nights in my own hotel room. But I've never been gone from Violet for that long. We'll be fine. But it will be different. I am looking forward to a couple of the educational sessions.

Let's just hope I have a regular key to my room and not a passcode. I'll forget it for sure. Three nights sleeping in the hallway doesn't sound as appealing.

5 comments:

Fatcat said...

I do stuff like this too. My email got messed up this week and I could not figure out how to go into the AT&T website to fix it even though I've done it several times. Could not remember. Finally I got my husband to do it for me.

Fatcat.

Fellow basket case.

Ami said...

Well, all of the normal people out there are looking at you with pity right now.

Imagine not remembering passwords!!

Sure glad I've never been locked out of paying my car insurance online because after three attempts they lock you out... or locked out of paying my mortgage online or locked out of paying my cell phone bill online....

Oh wait. Yes I have.

My bad.

Donna said...

I forget my passwords all the time too! I have been now trying to stick with just one - So far so good.
Enjoy your time away : )
Donna
http://homeschoolingsunnyflorida.blogspot.com/

MOM #1 said...

OH, I totally forget my passwords all of the time.

I have a hundred post-it notes with a hundred different passwords to a hundred different sites all over the office. It's a mess.

I can never find the right password at the right time. Then I have them email me a new password and then I find the paper with the old password which is different so that I can effectively get myself locked out of a hundred different sites a hundred times a week.

Sorry, I'm just feeling your pain and adding a little bit of my own to it. You know, Paying it Forward and all that jazz.

Mother Mayhem said...

Enjoy the hotel room! ;o)

Passwords. Nasty lil things really.

Emily got Violet's note and picture. She was tickled pink... Or, I suppose I should say MORE pink. TeeHee

Glad the Holly Dollies found a good home! ♥