Friday, December 9, 2011

Another week gone by

It wasn't quite as hectic as last week, but more stressful. Work was way too busy with way too much pressure. I can't take it some days. Girl Scouts was way to disorganized and chaotic. Are homeschool co-op settings always loud, crazy, with kids running wild, classes starting late, miscommunications and last minute changes in plans that aren't passed on to those not making the plans? We've never been involved in a co-op before, so I'm just wondering if that is the norm because that's what we've met with week after week. I'm too high strung to deal with the "laid back" atmosphere of it. (Remember my upcoming news, I'll let you in on it, Violet's GS group is leaving the co-op and moving to the leader's house - they are all tired of the chaos too.)

Anyway, it was a stressed out week. I feel better tonight. Work is under control. We had our office party this afternoon. As I sat talking with people I realized, I really like most of the people I work with. They are nice, normal people. They accept you for who you are (even if they secretly think you are weird - but heck, most of them are weird, too). And they are fun. I can feel relaxed among them (when I'm not stressed out - but even then, they are usually stressed too or they understand why my hair is standing on end and falling out in clumps).

Monday I am headed out of town for one last trip of the year. Just one night, I'll be back Tuesday. I am looking forward to a few nice meals (I'm traveling with my boss - she likes good food so we always eat well) and a quiet hotel room (to myself).

Notes: My hair hasn't actually been falling out in clumps, but I think it did stand on end most of Wednesday and Thursday. Also, the majority of the co-op families seem perfectly happy with it, so I realize it must be a bad fit for us, not a bad co-op. And finally, the older girls splitting off are going to do great things when they move into a quieter situation and have some space. At 12 years old, they need to have their own space away from the little girls.

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

We never found a co-op we could deal with. Something was always wrong (with them, of course, not with us). I think homeschoolers, by nature are not really joiners. I wouldn't worry about it.

Your night away sounds nice. Have fun!

Mother Mayhem said...

Bald is beautiful. ;o)

Enjoy your trip! Sounds good!

Mel said...

Co-ops were never for us either. It was always similar to what you described and my child although pretty extroverted is not successful in that sort of atmosphere. Being around other people's kids always drives me crazy either way and I don't like being that involved with them since co-ops usually require participation. I'm more of a drop-off mom for educational classes although I was always active with Girl Scouts but it wasn't easy for me.