Friday, October 14, 2011

Random Updates

Well, today I turned halfway to 90. Not sure if that is my goal. A co-worker pointed it out to me today. I think maybe I am a quarter of the way to 180. That seems like a better goal. Why stop at 90? I may just be getting started!

The magazine e-mails went out today. Thanks again to everyone who let me e-mail them. Snail mails come out in January. Please don't feel the least obligated to buy a thing, you have already helped out. Violet will get all her patches (I hate how they make it into 6 different ones that fit together - such a scam) and the stuffed fox she was aiming for. I looked at the list of e-mails today - almost all blogging buddies! You guys really are the best!

It looks like I'll be getting involved in Violet's new Juliette group after all. I kept watching the Cadette mom and she just looked so exhausted. I got the okay from Violet and asked the mom if she needed help with the group. Without hesitating she said "YES" emphatically. She said she started out gung-ho and is quickly getting overwhelmed with the Journey they are trying to get through. So I suggested some things I might be a good fit for and told her to assign me anything she wanted. I'm game to help with whatever. She's thinking about what she'd like help with.

I didn't want to get involved initially, it is a weekly meeting which is a lot of time. But on the other hand, I really don't want this group to go away because the mom gets burned out and throws in the towel. It is a co-op class which generally means everyone helps out. We aren't required to help out in this particular group, but it is widely appreciated.

Violet loves the group. And now that she's established in it, she is more comfortable with me getting involved. And after having lived with me for 12 years, she understands mom burn out. (I think she is too young to remember Black April, the year I sat and cried for 3 days straight. That was burn out. I get it. Believe me I do.)

So I'm excited, I love Girl Scout programming and can't wait to get started. Remind me of that in a few months when I'm crying "why oh why can't I ever learn!" LOL

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

Welcome to one-fourth of the way to 180. I hit that milestone a couple of years ago. :-)

I also love my blogger buddies!

Mel said...

Happy Halfway to 90! LOL I'm not too far behind you.