Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow

We've gotten about 4 inches of snow today. We're supposed to get more tomorrow before it turns to ice and sleet. Mr. I. is taking the train downtown tomorrow. He still has to get to the train station and home. I'm glad he has a Jeep. He was going to drive downtown with my dad today to bring home more stuff. I'm glad they changed their minds.

I am done shopping for Christmas. We still need to wrap presents. Not sure when that will happen. I think Mr. I. still needs to go out. He usually enjoys his Christmas Eve trip out to several stores. I think he's nuts. Especially since the ice and sleet and freezing rain isn't supposed to have ended by then. Oh well. What can you do. He'll do whatever he wants.

Violet did a little math today, to try to take her mind off of waiting for Christmas. It didn't help. But she did get excited when she understood exponents a little.

We made our first batch of Christmas cookies. We did chocolate cookies with the cookie press. Tomorrow we plan to do oatmeal raisin. Then we have another chocolate cookie on tap for Thursday. I feel the pounds piling on.

Violet is outside playing in the snow in her snow suit. We haven't gotten the snow shoes out yet but should. And to answer Mom #1's question from a few weeks ago, yep, you just walk around in the snow with them on. That's about it. It is pretty and quiet out. You do get a good workout in, so maybe we should consider exercise rather than a fun activity.

I'd better get the hot cocoa mix ready. Violet will want a mug when she comes in.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

I thought I was done shopping too, but Mom #2 sprung something special on me, so now I have to get out tomorrow. Oy vey. I wish we had a little snow, but I think we'll have 70's on Christmas. No snow shoeing here for sure.