Thursday, March 20, 2008

Odds and Ends

We were supposed to pick up Violet's incentives from selling Girl Scout cookies and turn in the bank receipts for the money yesterday. But I got an e-mail from the cookie chair saying that Violet's stuffed dog wasn't in yet and I might as well wait and go over later to get it all at once. Since that was the main thing she's looking forward to getting we're waiting. I just wish she'd told me that before I told Violet we were going to get them. We decided that that stuffed dog was on the truck to go to the cookie chair's house. But then he got off the truck to chase butterflies and it left without him. I assured her we WILL get her incentives. There are always missing items. I don't know why, but there always are.

Not only are we supposed to get snow flurries tomorrow. Now we are under a winter storm watch. We could get 5-7 inches of snow tomorrow. We might not be driving up to Wisconsin until Saturday morning. If at all.

That'd be a real kicker if we didn't make it there. First we took two weeks to decide if we were going or not. Then Mr. Incredible's step mom and his dad have contacted us trying to figure out what to make for Easter dinner. Mr. Incredible isn't a vegetarian, but he practically is. He won't eat beef, pork, veal, lamb, shell fish, anything weird, mushrooms or eggs. Some of the foods are because of health reasons. Others because they gross him out. He's a challenge to cook for. But he doesn't expect anyone else to give up all that stuff just because of him. He'll eat bread and side dishes and be fine. It has been a royal to do assuring them of that. But step mom is making a turkey (one of the few meats he'll eat) instead of the ham she's made every other year probably her entire life.

My Rainbow Resources order is on the truck for delivery today! If you need me I'll be sitting on my front porch waiting for it.

4 comments:

Ami said...

I understood your whole post except for the bit at the end. Being an unschooling mom, I don't get the whole curriculum thing. Many of my friends who homeschool are just like you, though. Waiting excitedly for that order...

I understand they're developing a 12 step program to help. ;)


Hope you have a safe journey, and that Violet's dog shows up soon. You'd think since we're all so prompt with the cookie stuff they'd be more prompt with the prizes!

Maria said...

I'm sorry you may not get to Wisconsin :(
But Rainbow Resource will cheer you up....I just ordered from Amazon and I check their tracking stuff every single hour....like it's gonna change all that much...so I'm kinda sitting on the porch with you. i have my Rainbow resource ready and waiting. I envy ami with that unschooling thing. We sorta unschool, but the addiction is still there...books are not a bad addiction....educational materials are a good addiction. I keep telling myself that.

Fatcat said...

oooh, what fun! I love to get new things!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it kind of cold out there on the porch with the whole winter storm watch and everything?